Close Menu

Main Content

Change My Address

Have you recently moved? You’ll need to update your address with the Indiana Department of Revenue (DOR) to ensure you are getting all important information about individual income taxes.

In addition, you will need to update your address with IRS using Form 8822.

How to change your address

Use State Form 56841 to submit a change in Individual contact information from the Indiana Department of Revenue.

By Mail:

Indiana Department of Revenue
P.O. Box 6197
Indianapolis, IN 46206-6197

By Fax:


In person: 
At one of our district offices or Indianapolis locations. With either type of request you must include the following information:

  • Current address
  • New address
  • First and last name
  • Social Security Number or Taxpayer Identification Number (TID)
  • Signature

If you have a business that needs to change an address, contact person, or phone number, visit our Change Business Account webpage.


News and FAQs

Latest News

Click here to view more events

Top FAQs